WE ARE COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING THE PRIVACY OF OUR WEBSITE VISITORS AND USERS OF OUR PRODUCTS; THIS POLICY SETS OUT HOW WE WILL TREAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
1. What information do we collect?
The types of personal information that we collect will depend on the nature of your interaction with us. We only collect the personal information that we need to fulfill our service obligations to you.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, manage your user profile, participate in any interactive features of the Services, request our e-newsletter or other marketing communications, participate in a promotion or survey, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, photograph, avatar, password, forum posts and comments, messages between users and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide. Prize winners of contests or sweepstakes may also have to provide their Social Security Numbers, which are used exclusively for prize fulfillment and related tax purposes.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Device Information: We collect device-specific information when you access our Services from a mobile device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers,
mobile network information and country.
- Use Information: We collect information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, game play activity, interactions with other players, your
IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies
are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count
visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web
beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been
opened and acted upon.
- Other Information Collected with Permission: Our mobile applications that are distributed through various “app” stores may also request permission to automatically collect other information from
your mobile device, including your email address. We may only collect this information with your authorization in accordance with your device operating system’s permission process.Information We Collect From Other SourcesWe may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, profile picture, phone number, email address, gender, date of birth and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit;
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- provide, maintain and improve our services
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing or game experience by personalising the website, game or app;
- enable your use of the services available on the website or within our games or apps;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. (You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
5. International data transfers
6. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
9. Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
12. Our details
The full name of our company is STEAM Craft Edu
Our registered address is
Unit 345 – 346, 3/F,
No. 67 Mody Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
You can contact us by email to [email protected]